OPTIMA® batteries are Johnson Controls' premium brand of auto, marine and commercial batteries. OPTIMA batteries deliver ultimate power for high-demand applications, standing apart from any other battery in the world with a unique six-pack design and Spiralcell® AGM Technology.
The unique Spiralcell design makes OPTIMA batteries a strong, clean power source that far surpasses any of today’s lead acid battery technologies. Manufactured with a patented automated assembly process, cells featuring Spiralcell Technology use high-compression absorptive glass mat (AGM) material, supporting superior vibration resistance and extended battery life
- Longer Life – OPTIMA batteries last up to two times longer than traditional flat-plate batteries.
- Repetitive Reserve Capacity – OPTIMA batteries can withstand significantly more discharge/recharge cycles and still deliver a high percentage of the original full capacity.
- Optimal Starting Power – OPTIMA batteries provide more power in the initial one, three, five and ten seconds of the starting process than comparably-rated, conventional lead acid batteries.
- Long Shelf-Life – Fully-charged OPTIMA batteries can sit unused for up to 12 months at room temperature (or below) and start a vehicle.
- Vibration Resistance – OPTIMA batteries are at least 15 times more resistant to vibration than traditional lead acid batteries.
- Spill-Proof – OPTIMA batteries can be mounted sideways with no acid spill. That’s because they’re sealed and maintenance-free.
OPTIMA offers three battery types for automotive, marine, commercial vehicle and recreational vehicle (RV) power needs. The different batteries are easily identified by their coloured tops:
Download: European Application Guide Above.